You know the importance of putting workflows and processes into place, but it feels overwhelming or you’re not sure where to start.
Don’t worry. You can take action doing this 1 simple way to start creating workflows and processes in your Business, today!
Document as you Go
Yup, that’s it. Simple, right?
Everything I learn and set up for my business and life, I document the first time I learn or do it into a detailed, step by step list.
I don’t know about you, but it gets frustrating for me when it’s time to do the same task again, and trying to remember how to repeat every step .
The first time you do something – get a client, write a blog post, post on social media – write down EVERY step as you do it, from beginning to end.
4 Ways Documenting your Process the 1st time helps you work simply
✔️Save time by following your personalized, repeatable process
✔️Update as needed as your business workflows evolve
✔️You don’t have to remember the steps, so you’ll have more head space to focus and be creative.
✔️Business Operations are ready to go when you need to outsource later
For example, I recently learned how to start a YouTube live. First, I found a video to watch. I watched this video all the way through to grasp what is going on ( me and multi-tasking don’t mix). Next, I re-watched the video, except this time, I paused the video after each step to write the step down and took action on it.
This is what my YouTube Live process would look like as a checklist:
- What’s the goal of the stream?
- WHO will it be for?
- What will they learn from it?
- WHAT steps can they immediately implement after?
- WHAT freebies will I offer?
- WHAT type of freebie?
- WHEN will I go live?
- Create landing page ( follow “landing page” workflow)
- Write landing page copy
- Create landing page graphics
- Go to My Channel
- GO to “Live Stream” in the left sidebar
- Click on “Events” NOT steam live
- Click “New Live Event”
- Under “Basic” tab, add information for live stream:
- Date & Time
- Description with links
- Keyword tags
- Change Privacy to “Unlisted” or “Public” depending on Goal of the stream
- Click “Quick” for Google Hangouts on Air
Under “advanced” tab:
- Enable live chat
- Uncheck “allow embed”
And so on…
- Is there a process you already use on a regular basis? Document each step you take to easily go step by step.
- Document every step the next time you learn something new, that’s a repeatable task.
Do you document as you go? Share your process in the comments!